As streaming services nowadays gain more and more popularity, the companies try to develop in this field. There are many services for users who like to watch different movies, TV shows, and programs. However, there’s also a category of people who are keen on sports. Unfortunately, not each streaming platform gives an opportunity to stream users’ favorite football, baseball, and basketball games.
For those who don’t imagine their free time without sport, there’s a great chance to stream it wherever they want. For this pleasure, you’ll need the ESPN service. It gives access to thousands of sports events and matches. Even though ESPN’s service is simple to use, some people face issues with getting it installed on their LG TV.
Is it possible to install ESPN on LG TV
LG is a well-known company that produces different kinds of devices from fridges to TVs. Users find the LG Smart TVs worthy, as they’re one of the most quality products on the market. LG TVs provide its users with a high-quality picture, and sound, and with a wide range of features. In addition to this, the LG team also has worked on the design of the TVs and their webOS which makes them rarely freeze or bug.
Like every Smart TV, the LG one offers users an opportunity to install some apps. To do that, people usually access the LG Content Store which provides a wide selection of apps and streaming platforms such as Hulu, Netflix, ESPN, Discovery Plus, etc. Since the streaming platforms gain popularity, there’s no wonder that more and more apps appear in the Content Store.
However, sometimes, users ask some questions about the ESPN platform and are it available for installation on the LG TV. The answer you’ll find below.
- How to install the ESPN app on Sony Smart TV
- How to install the ESPN app on Samsung Smart TV
- How to install the ESPN app on Apple TV
How the ESPN works
ESPN is an American cable sports TV channel. However, since the streaming services have gained great popularity, you can find many different sports events, shows, and programs according to your interests. Moreover, for those who extremely like sports, there are also some articles, statistics, etc about the sports life of the world.
ESPN app provides its users with an opportunity to pay for ESPN+ and be able to stream some live broadcasts of many sports events. You’ll be able to watch NHL, MLB, MLS, NHL, and NBA. In addition to this, you’ll be able to repeat those programs in the record. So, whenever you want you can watch the program one more time or just watch it after you’ve missed it.
ESPN gives users an opportunity to watch the video content everywhere they want to. For example, if you didn’t reach your home till the match starts and you’re on the subway or bus, you can open the ESPN app or web and start streaming the content. In this way, you won’t miss anything important in the sports life of the world.
How to stream ESPN on your LG TV
Even though LG TVs provide their users with a great range of opportunities to watch their favorite content online, there still everything isn’t as simple as it may be. The problem’s that there’s no way to get the ESPN app on your LG Smart TV with a click, however, there are some methods that may help you to watch the platform without the app:
- You can use streaming devices. Even though there’s no way to add the ESPN directly to your Smart TV, you still can add it to a compatible device. You can use ESPN with Chromecast, Roku, and Fire TV devices.
- You can also cast the streaming platform from your mobile device. For example, you can transfer the video from your iPhone to a bigger screen on your LG TV.
- You can also stream the ESPN service on your laptop. If you want to watch your favorite sports match on the bigger screen, you’ll only need to connect your laptop with an HDMI cable to your TV.
- There’s one more way, you can open the ESPN web version in your browsers that are built into your LG TV and stream the content.
Since then, you can enjoy relaxing in front of the TV and being in touch with all the sports events. There are plenty of sports programs available on ESPN, so you can definitely find the one that attracts you the most.
What devices can be used with ESPN
If you’ve read the section above and decided that the most convenient way for you is to use ESPN-compatible devices, you should know some more information about them. The list of compatible devices is wide, from set-top boxes to gaming consoles. So the ESPN developers made everything to let more and more users be involved in the app.
So, lucky users of Roku, Amazon Firestick, Apple TV, and Chromecast are available to use with ESPN, as well as and set-top box with Android TV installed. Moreover, the platform’s also available on consoles like Xbox and PS4. In addition to this, users who prefer to experience the full range of feelings and like to use VR technology, also have an opportunity to use the ESPN on Oculus devices.
If you prefer to use streaming platforms on your pocket devices, you also are able to do that. ESPN’s available for installation on iOS and Android devices directly from their initial app stores. So, basically, you can get access to the selection of different sports programs only in a few clicks.
- How to install ESPN app on Vizio TV
- Is there an ESPN+ app on LG Smart TV
- How to install the ESPN app on Roku
How to connect an external streaming device to LG TV
As with all external devices, the set-box should be connected to your TV and it doesn’t depend on the kind of device. Basically, there’s nothing difficult in the process of connecting the device to your LG TV. Before the setting process, you should connect the power cable to your device and put one of its ends into the power port. When you’ve finished, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should attach the HDMI cable to the device and another side to the TV. In case, there’s an HDMI connector, you can plug the device into the HDMI port.
- After that, you should switch on the device and your TV.
- Then, you should pick up your remote control and tap on the “Source” button.
- To complete the process, you should choose your device from the list that would be displayed.
Since then, the device would be connected to your TV and may transfer it from a regular one to a Smart one. However, in case you want to get back to watching the original TV channels, you should do some steps.