In a fairly short period, Disney Plus has established itself as a great streaming service with a lot of interesting content. The Disney Plus app is available for download on almost all existing platforms and devices. You can also install it on your Hisense TV. However, your Smart TV needs to be running Roku OS or Android TV OS.
The older Hisense TVs had their unique VIDAA OS but switched to a modern, highly sought-after operating system. Unfortunately, the VIDAA OS didn’t offer the Disney Plus app. But you can still install the Disney Plus app on older models. So, here’s how to get Disney Plus on your Hisense TV.
How to install Disney Plus on Hisense TV with Roku OS
Disney Plus has only two types of subscription plans. You can pay $7.99 per month and you can buy a one-year subscription for $79.99. Moreover, there’s also a way to get a free Disney Plus subscription. But you can get it only with Amazon Prime.
Well, if you want to install Disney Plus on your Hisense Roku OS TV – follow these steps:
- First of all, press Home using your Hisense remote control.
- Then hit the right navigation button to view installed apps, inputs, and more.
- After that, scroll down and select “Add Channel”.
- Now, search for “Disney Plus”, select it, and install the app.
- Select “Go to Channel” to open the Disney Plus app on your Hisense TV.
- Finally, select “Sign In” and use your Disney Plus credentials.
Once you have completed these steps, you can start enjoying your favorite Disney Plus content on your Hisense TV.
How to install Disney Plus on Hisense TV with Android TV OS
If you want to install Disney Plus on your Hisense TV with Android TV OS, you can follow these instructions.
- At first, go to the main menu and select “Apps”.
- Then, select “Get more apps” at the top.
- Find “Disney Plus” and click “OK” on the remote control. You can also use the “Search” option in the top-right section to find the app.
- After that, click on the “Download” button.
- Finally, click “Open” to launch the Disney Plus app. You can also launch it from the “Home” screen.
Personally, I think that the method of installing the app on Android TV is much easier than on Roku OS. After all, in the main menu, you can go straight to the apps tab. Moreover, you can also get Disney Plus on your LG TV.
How to watch Disney Plus on Hisense TV with VIDAA OS
There are only two ways to use Disney Plus on Hisense TVs with VIDAA OS.
The first way is to use third-party streaming devices such as Amazon Fire TV Stick, Apple TV, Chromecast, or others. But you must be subscribed to Disney Plus. To do so, follow these steps:
- Connect a third-party streaming device to the HDMI port on your Hisense TV.
- Then turn on your TV and set the appropriate input for your streaming device.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to install the streaming device.
- Finally, go to “Apps” and install Disney Plus.
The second option is to use your PC, smartphone, or tablet as a mirror for your Hisense TV. Hisense VIDAA OS works with a mirroring app known as Screen Mirroring. You can download it to your Android device from the Google Play Store. Simply install the app on your TV and your smartphone and follow the instructions to mirror your smartphone screen on your TV.
How to screen mirror Disney Plus on Hisense TV using an iOS device
Screen mirroring from your iOS device comes with some challenges. You will need an adapter from an HDMI cable to a Lightning cable. Connect your iPad or iPhone to the adapter and connect it all to the TV with a standard HDMI cable. Then select the appropriate input source on your TV and you’re all set. Then start Disney Plus and mirror it on the TV.
You can also download the Google Home app on your iOS device and try to set up screen mirroring. However, sometimes it doesn’t work.
There’s also a way to watch Disney Plus from your gaming consoles, such as Xbox or PlayStation 4 or 5. Just download the Disney Plus app to your console, sign in, and be ready to enjoy Disney Plus content.
- How to clear watching history on Disney Plus
- How to cancel a Disney Plus subscription on all devices
- How to turn on subtitles on your Hisense TV
Can I get a free trial of Disney Plus?
The free Disney Plus trial was canceled in most countries around the world. The U.S., U.K., Canada, and Australia no longer have access to it unless the secondary seller promotes a bundled offer, and only a few territories can still enjoy a free trial of Disney Plus today.
Typically, these are countries where the streaming service has been out for a very long time, and sometimes these trial periods are longer than usual. Specifically, Japan has access to a full 31-day free trial.